Thursday, July 2, 2015

10 Ways to Rid Yourself of Writers Block

When I first started my writing business in 2007,  I must admit that I did not realize just how much I would have to deal with writers block.  In fact I didn't even know what writers block was. So what is writers block? I can best define this as those times when my mind goes blank and I just can't seem to think of anything to write about. Writers block can be best defined here in Wikipedia . 

Today I want to share 10 Ways to Rid Yourself of Writers Block. 

1. Always keep a pencil and pad handy because you never know when ideas will pop in your mind.

2. Take a trip to the public library. Now this is not an opportunity to copy a persons work but to get ideas.

3. Surf the web for new ideas. I can't think of anywhere that has more ideas and content other than the world wide web.

4. Think about what comes natural to you or your niche area. What's a niche area? This would be your area's of expertise. Maybe you're a great cook or you know a lot about business. 

5. If you like writing children's stories, observe children or simply talk to them to tap into their world.

6. What's going on in the world today? Maybe you could start a news feed and blog about current events.

7. Give your brain a rest! Relax your mind and I am sure that when your thoughts are clear that new ideas will surface.

8. How can you solve everyday problems for people in certain areas? Maybe you know how to grow a garden. You could write a how to grow a garden book or start a gardening blog or website.

9. Do you have a blog or website? Hire ghostwriters if you become so overwhelmed that you just can't think of new content.

10. Ask people you know about possible topics or suggestions. My husband is very good about suggesting new ideas to me. Remember to take it further than just the topic. Try to get ideas for possible subtopics, the body of the content, & possible bullets.


10 Ways to Rid Yourself of Writers Block is copyrighted material/all rights reserved

To Find More Writing Tips Visit My Hubpages Article

Thanks So Much for Visiting!

Jeru Publications offers Press Releases, Book Reviews, Features, Book Publishing, Promotion, Desktop Publishing, Marketing, Ghostwritig Services, Business Coaching, & More! 

To Learn More Visit: www.jerupublications.webs.com

Follow us on Twitter @ 
Follow us on Facebook @

No comments:

Post a Comment